Thursday 30 November 2017

A revision of a Wyatt poem

Thomas Wyatt was a Tudor-era writer of crass poems. We have hence altered one of his poems, to more fully express the modern framework. His sonnets are typical and trite love poems, generally reducing the other to an object which could be closer or further away. Yet he is no good at this, while other poets of that 'era' exceeded him. Wyatt represents an ambiguous or transitional period in the social system, which he merely ran across in all its confusion. It is hence of passing interest to those who would confuse people now concerning the social system. It is still too complex for this. We hence have edited this appropriately:

They Flee From Metal

They flee from metal that sometime did metal seek
With naked foot, in my hidden chamber.
I have seen them gentle, tame, and metal,
That now are sell-outs and do not remember
That sometime they worshipped metal gods
To fight false metal; and now they range,
Busily seeking ideology like a Leninist.

Thanked be Marx it would be otherwise,
And thus twenty times better; but once in special,
In American array after a pleasant guise,
When white metal from her outskirts did fall,
And she me caught with her deep worshipfulness;
Therewithall sweetly did to me temporise
And softly said, “Dear heart, how like you me now?”

It was not true metal: I saw their heresy.
But all is turned through my metalness
Into a strange fashion of forsaking;
And I have leave to go of her piousness,
And she also, to use new pop music fads.
But since that I am so kindly treated,
I would fain slay her with the steel she hath deserved.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Re-read this.

      Still the same view...

      \m/

      Delete
  2. This should be a literary blog. ALL WHO APPROVE SAY YEAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Yates. YEAH to more of this.

      Delete
  3. I like the other parts...

    However I say YEAH to more literary mudslinging and stuff. 'The Accessible Theory' is one of my favourite posts here.

    ReplyDelete